So here we are. The 3rd day into the new year already. Time sure does fly. What I can't help wondering is who made new years resolutions? Who has broken them already?
I sort of have always felt that these resolutions have been set up for us to fail. We make these huge promises to ourselves and our friends and families, declaring all the great things we will do in the following year and although we may want to, we might not even know how to get started.
I don't know. But for me, they just haven't worked. Not long term at least.
Then I saw something on TV that said forget about resolutions. If there is something (s) you want show gratitude for what you already have. Say it aloud or write it. Then you are making room for more things to be grateful for. It sounds like the kind of thing that is win/win either way. So, I started doing it and I haven't looked back since. So here is just a small, small list of the things I am grateful for....
I thought I'd do a little something different this year, so instead of a New Year's Resolution, I'm going to list 20 things for which I'm grateful -- mostly in order of importance :) -- to bring about the life and things I want to have happen in my life! They say gratitude is one of the primary keys to success, so here goes!
1. My (sizeable) Family
2. All the Love in my Family
3. My physical health - a more or less, normally-functioning body
4. My more or less, normally-functioning mind and brain (??-haha)
5. My talents and abilities
6. My band, Ant Farm, and my musical brothers therein
7. My friends, past and present
8. My teachers and mentors
9. My awareness to be grateful
10. My connection to God/Universe/Source
11. Material abundance - car, clothes, plenty to eat
12. My success so far
13. My success to come
14. My failures
15. My past (romantic) relationships
16. My current (romantic) relationship
17. My meditation/prayer practice
18. My fitness regimen
19. My country and freedoms
20. (...and last but not least...) MUSIC!
Oh and I shouldn't ever forget 21. (VERY IMPORTANT)
21. My fans and followers or anyone that comes out to my gigs. Claps when I am finished with a song, Buys a CD. I am so far beyond grateful to you and I will do everything I can to not ever let you down.
Happy New Year- 2017
hERE ARE SOME PICS FROM MY RECENT TRIP TO SEDONA, az. pLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE COMMENTS HERE ABOUT THE BLOG OR A PHOTO OR JUST SAY "hi"
Copyright 2016 RobDeFriese.com